Located on Silver Lake in Wyoming County NY, the Silverlaken Estate offers 5 acres of unique accommodations and lake-focused, eco-friendly activities.
Guests are welcome to use the sailboats, docks, kayaks, campfires and sauna cabin.
While individual rooms are available, Silverlaken is an ideal option for groups of up to 50 people wishing to stay together in a private setting at a single location.
Vacation rentals available year round
Open 7 days a week
Visit our Airbnb listing for further details
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
Situated on the West side of Silver Lake, a short 15 minute drive to Letchworth State Park, the Silverlaken Estate offers an ideal setting for individuals, couples and large groups to relax and reconnect with nature. The 5-acre site is large enough to comfortably host groups of up to 50 people, however individual rooms, cabins and glamping tents are also available for rent. Thoughtfully designed accommodation and landscaping fosters a sense of privacy among the rental units and within the neighborhood.
Guests can enjoy swimming, kayaking and sailing on Silver Lake and over 60 miles of hiking trails in nearby Letchworth State Park. The surrounding country roads are perfectly suited for exploring by bike or on foot. Nearby, the Silver Lake Country Club provides golf enthusiasts with a one of a kind golfing experience overlooking Silver lake.
In the mid/late 1800’s, Perry was a thriving mill town and Silver Lake was a popular tourist destination for church retreats and private camps. What is now the Silverlaken Lodge was the summer retreat of the Traber family, who owned a large mill in town. Long before air conditioning, wealthy families escaped the heat by coming to the shores of the lake.
Visitors to the property can still see the decorative mill stone placed on the front lawn by the Traber family over 100 years ago as well as the massive evergreens and sycamore trees planted back in that era and still standing proud today. By the time of the First World War, hydropower was replaced by the engine and the mills began to close up. The property changed hands a few times and fell into a state of disrepair for decades.
Silverlaken’s current owner, Mike Bellamy, spent a lot of time on the lake as his parents founded the local marina in 1979. He often thought about fixing up the “old Traber estate”. After a 20-year career in Asia, Mike retired in 2016, returned to Silver Lake and purchased the property. With the help of his wife, Anita, and local contractors, 2 years were spent restoring the main buildings. In 2018, rental units were added and the property was opened to guests wishing to enjoy Silver Lake and Letchworth park.
- Permanent buildings are designed for year-round accommodations
- Glamping tents have access to running water, heating/cooling, showers and flush toilets
- Thoughtfully designed acommodation and landscaping offer guests privacy
- Various shared amenities such as the full-sized kitchen in the lodge, fridge, ice chest, BBQ grill and campfire pits (we have wood on site). Coffee machine and blender as well as an assortment of basic cooking utensils, silverware, plates, cups and mugs.
- Individual or group rentals available
- Private library with books on local history + guides to native plants/ animals
- Board games for rainy days.
- Yard games are stored on the north side of the wrap around porch.
- FREE WI-FI pretty much spans the entire site, but the strongest signal is in the lodge.
- If you have rented out the entire lodge, feel free to stream your music into the
Bluetooth “boom box” speaker, found in the main room of the lodge.