Allegiance Bed and Breakfast
The Allegiance, built in 1838 is a beautiful, historic and elegantly restored Greek revival mansion located just minutes from Letchworth State Park, also known as the “mini Grand Canyon of the East.” The mansion is tastefully decorated to reveal the grandeur of the Victorian era with its high ceilings, elaborate moldings, and spacious rooms to showcase a harmonious blend of traditional and antique furnishings.
Open 24 hours a day / 7 days a week, year-round
Check In & Out:
- Check in time is between 4:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Check out time is 11:00 a.m.
With advance notice, we can assist you with an early check in if your room is available or we will be glad to store your baggage until your room is ready. Early arrivals are not guaranteed early check-in without prior notice and/or advance arrangements being made with the Inn Keeper.
The Allegiance is set in a lovely environment for creating memories that will last a life time. This is a perfect place to soothe the spirit, share a weekend with friends, enjoy a reunion with the family, celebrate a special occasion or just escape to the serenity of the countryside.
The Allegiance has eight unique and distinctly different guest rooms, all named after prominent historians that were very influential in the community in the early 1800's, and each is tastefully appointed with a king or queen size bed and private bath. Every room features comfy linens, plush towels, and thoughtful amenities to meet each guests needs. WiFi, a smart TV with Roku access, charging stations, and full hot breakfast are included in the daily rates.
Rise to the sound of soothing music each day througout the home and enjoy the comfort of the Library, adorned with books on all subject matters, board games to be played with friends, television to watch your favorite movie, or just relaxing in the leather button tufted arm chair. The Parlor, offers a similar experience but with the grandeur of a baby-grand piano in the corner that invites a guest to play and enjoy the music. The experience is truly mesmerizing when you can take yourself back to another place in time.
As you enter the Guest Dining Room and the adjacent Sunroom it is spacious, comfortable and invites you to come in and enjoy a lovely full hot breakfast along with homebaked pastries, seasonal fruits, freshly ground coffee, assorted teas or fresh juice served daily between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. We only serve local, farm-fresh organically grown food and will gladly accomodate most sepcial dietary requirements if advance notice is given 48-hours before check-in.
The Allegiance takes its name from Mt. Morris native son Francis Bellamy who wrote the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance. The home was originally constructed in the Federalist Revival style by local attorney, Union colonel, and Baptist deacon Reuben P. Wisner. When ownership transferred to the Prophet family in the late 1860s, the balcony and pillars were added so the mansion would resemble the White House. The Allegiance has an incredible rich history which involved participation in the underground railway system during the civil war era and one of the openings to the tunnel is still visible in the basement of the home. In addition, guests have access to the 90-mile Genesee Valley Greenway State Park just a short walk through the “hidden” gardens behind the mansion.
Best of all is Letchworth State Park, just minutes from our front door. Explore the beauty of the USA Today Readers' Choice Award for the #1 best State Park in the U.S. You can choose from 66 miles of hiking trails, white water rafting, horseback riding, biking, cross-country skiiing, hot-air ballooning and much much more.
The Allegiance is an excellent venue for small business meetings or corporate retreats, bridal or baby showers, family reunions, holiday functions or any other special event. We can comfortably accommodate small parties up to 30 people on the main floor of the mansion or up to 50 people outside on the main grounds of the estate.
- Gift certificates available for purchase
- Free WiFi and Roku TV in all guest rooms
- Charging stations for electronics in all rooms
- Free private off-street parking
- Picnic baskets and la carte extras with advance notice
- Private baths in all 8 rooms
- Jacuzzi and spa tubs in some rooms
- A/C in all rooms
- Long, thick, terry bathrobes available upon request
- Beckman 1802 toiletries in each room
- Pet friendly in select guest rooms
- TV - VCR - DVD in Library
- Fireplaces in select guest rooms
- Indoor board games and outdoor lawn games
- Guest refrigerator and microwave
- Hair dryers in all guest rooms
- Iron and ironing board
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- All room rates are based on a 2 person capacity with the exception of Letchworth. Letchworth has a room capacity up to a maximum of 4 people.
- Special room group discount rates available for large groups or families of weddings and other special events. Check with us for special event policies and procedures.
- For payment, we gladly accept Cash, Traveler's Checks, VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card.
- The Allegince is a smoke free facility. and smoking is ONLY permitted outside.
- All of the guest rooms are located on the second floor and only accessible by the main staircase. Due to the historic nature of the mansion and keeping its original integrity unfortunately the mansion is not handicapped accessible.
- We encourage our guests to call us direct for reservations and special discounts for veterans, active military, AARP/Senior discounts. Also mention you are a "Friend of Letchworth State Park" for a special discount.